What is EPR For Waste TyresEPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) for Waste Tyres represents the responsibility imposed on tyre manufacturers to ensure the environmentally conscious management of discarded tyres, thereby safeguarding both public health and the environment from potential adverse effects caused by such waste. EPR for waste tyres is a policy approach that holds tyre manufacturers responsible for managing and recycling end-of-life tyres. It incentivizes sustainable product design, reduces landfilling, and promotes circular economy practices. Producers must set up systems for collection and environmentally sound disposal, shifting the financial burden from taxpayers to manufacturers. EPR ensures proper tyre waste management, mitigating environmental hazards and promoting a greener industry.
When did the guideline come for EPR for waste tyresThe government has introduced a new low for tyre waste, which went into effect on July 21, 2022.
Benefits of EPR for waste tyresIn the environment, have many types of pollution harm the environment. At this point, we noticed that cars emit carbon pollution in the environment. Also, the use of tyres in cars harms the environment. Due to the government’s guidelines on tyre waste management, the environment will be benefited.
- Improved Waste Management: EPR programs incentivize tire manufacturers to design more easily recyclable products and promote the development of effective recycling technologies.
- Increased Recycling Rates: EPR encourages tire manufacturers to invest in recycling infrastructure and technologies, which can lead to higher rates of tire recycling.
- Reduced Environmental Impact: Tires can pose significant environmental challenges when not adequately managed. They can release harmful chemicals and pollutants as they degrade and create breeding grounds for disease-carrying pests like mosquitoes.
- Energy and Resource Conservation: Recycling tires can save energy and resources compared to producing new tires from raw materials.
- Promotion of Circular Economy: EPR aligns with the principles of a circular economy by encouraging product design that considers end-of-life management
Recyclers responsibility for EPR for waste tyresThe recycler transforms used tyre into eco-friendly products, including recovered carbon black, crumb rubber, and crumb rubber-modified bitumen. At the same time, pyrolysis oil/char is utilized as fuel rather than for producing new tyres.
Producers responsibility EPR for waste tyresEPR for Waste Tyres by purchasing the EPR certificate from registered recyclers and submitting it on the portal through quarterly returns, as per Rule 7 of the Amendment Rules.
The producers must furnish information regarding the tyre composition, encompassing the abovementioned details.
- Approx weight of tyre
- Steel Wire
- Carbon Black
- Process Oil
- Synthetic Rubber
- Other material (if any)
How does Climeto help EPR for waste tyres?
- Register your firm on the CPCB portal.
- They are performing annual compliances.
- Submitting your yearly returns of EPR.
- Generating EPR certificates.
- Trading EPR certificates & generate a good income.