Get your EPR Registration and Compliance
What is EPR Compliance?
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is the responsibility of every producer of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) for channelization of e-waste to an authorized dismantler / recycler to ensure environmentally sound management of such waste.
EPR authorization is mandatory and has to be obtained by all the producers including importers, e-retailers/on-line sellers/e-bay etc. of EEE covered in E-Waste. A producer can implement its EPR either through take-back system or by setting up collection centers or both for channelization of e-waste/end of life products to authorized dismantlers/recyclers.
The producers are required to have arrangements with authorized dismantlers/recyclers either individually or collectively or through a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) or E-Waste Exchange system as spelt in their EPR Plan which is approved/authorized by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
These rules are applicable to every producer, consumer or bulk consumer, collection centre, dismantler and recycler of e-waste involved in the manufacture, sale, purchase and processing of electrical and electronic equipment or components specified in schedule – I of these Rules.
Benefits of EPR Registration
CPCB EPR Registration Process
- The process starts with CPCB /SPCB
The authorized waste management agency collects the agreed volume of post-customer plastic waste
- The waste collection agency will present relevant documents for proof of waste collection activity
- On behalf of PIBOM’s agency will submit a quarterly report to CPCB.
- After completion of the activity final report will be submitted by the agency to PIBOM’
Frequently Asked Questions
The EPR Registration full form is Extended Producer Responsibilit
Extended Producer Responsibility refers to the responsibility of management of disposal of those products once labeled as no longer useful by the consumer
- Process starts with CPCB /SPCB
- The authorized waste management agency collects agreed volume of post customer plastic waste
- Waste collection agency will present relevant documents for proof of waste collection activity
- On behalf of PIBOM’s agency will submit quarterly report to CPCB.
- After completion of activity final report will be submitted by agency to PIBOM’
Waste collected under the EPR is transported to the nearest disposal or recycling facility and processed through one of the following methods
- Used as fuel in Cement Kiln
- WTE Recovery
Multi-layer Plastic Waste is a type of plastic waste that has multiple layers of plastic, such as packaging chips.
Every Producer shall register EPR for the purpose of brand recognition or renewal of registration.
- The concerned State Pollution Control Board or Pollution Control Committee of the Union territory, if operating in one or two states or Union territories; or
- The Central Pollution Control Board, if operating in more than two States or Union Territories.